Contraindications are the states, characterized by high risk of side effects due to the use of Phentermine drug. Having at least one contraindication for the use of Phentermine drug, means that you cannot use this drug. Compliance with contraindications for the use of Phentermine reduces the risk of side effects significantly.
Main contraindications for the use of Phentermine are as follows:
- Hypersensitivity or idiosyncrasy to sympathomimetic amines;
- Simultaneous use or use within 14 days after the intake of monoamine oxidase (Fluvoxamine, Fluoxetine, Sertraline, Paroxetine);
- Anxious states, such as bipolar disorder;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Drug or alcohol abuse;
- Uncontrolled hypertension;
The use of Phentermine helps to reduce fat tissue in the body, which increases the tissue insulin sensitivity.
- Therefore, diabetic patients might need to reduce the doses of hypoglycemic drugs when using Phentermine.
People with uncontrolled hypertension are recommended to control their blood pressure and heart rate during Phentermine therapy. It is recommended to stop taking Phentermine drug, if patient has high blood pressure or rapid heartbeat.
However, it is recommended to stop using Phentermine, if patient noticed symptoms of dyspnea, angina, fainting or lower limbs edema.
Once patient stopped using Phentermine, he should undergo medical examination, to exclude the presence of pulmonary hypertension.
Safety and efficiency of combination therapy with Phentermine and other weight loss drugs has never been tested. Thus, to avoid side effects, it is contraindicated to use Phentermine along with other weight loss drugs.